The Topics In This Series Are:
- A brief explanation of yoga history and philosophy.
- Focus on alignment and yoga’s benefits.
- Breath work (pranayama).
- Names and practice of key postures (asanas) in many of the yoga classes students may attend in our modern world, though the practice of yoga is an ancient one.
Yoga is accessible to everyone to the exclusion of no one. Yoga does not care how much we weigh, what we look like or what we do for a living. In fact, we will explore modifications and safe alternatives for students taking care of various parts of the body, i.e. the knees or wrists.
Please join Jan in exploring what letting go of competition, expectation and judgement of ourselves and others means to each of us and also, collectively as a group. Plus, we get to laugh as the cats share in our beautiful practice!
This Beginner’s Series Class Is For:
- Humans only – do not bring your cats to this class; there are plenty of adoptable cats joining in with you!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- Do not attend if you have any type of cat allergy.
- If you have any physical limitations or injuries, consult with your doctor before taking this class.
100% Proceeds Benefit Cat Nook Cafe!